Test Requisitions - Things to Remember
Not completing a test requisition form entirely can sometimes lead to unnecessary delays in testing. Below are the most commonly missed items:
- ICD9 codes
- Policy holder name and DOB
- Authorizations, if the client has obtained this. If so, we need an attached copy.
- Medicare patients â€“ must have a signed ABN attached (we do NOT pre-verify benefits for Medicare)
- Signature for the Authorization to assign benefits and accept financial responsibility
- Copy of the insurance card front and back
- Billing pages - must be filled in regardless of who we are billing
Prior Authorization Reminder
When it is determined that a prior authorization is needed for testing, it will be put on a billing hold. We will notify the client as to what is required and help with any necessary paperwork, but it is ultimately their responsibility to submit this to the insurance company.