Recent Test UpdatesEGL recently updated the following tests:
- MM190 Hearing Loss: Sequencing Panel - Added 5 genes (CHD7, CIB2, DIABLO, FGF3, and RDX)
- MM240 Pulmonary Disease: Comprehensive Sequencing Panel - Removed 2 genes (SFTPA1 andSFTPA2)
- MM242 Pulmonary Fibrosis and Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome: Sequencing Panel - Removed 2 genes (SFTPA1 and SFTPA2)
- MM244 Congenital Central Hypoventilation Syndrome: Sequencing Panel - Added 1 gene (HOXA1)
- MM350 Hereditary Neuropathies: Sequencing Panel - Added 20 genes (AARS, ATP7A, BSCL2, DNAJB2, DNMT1, DYNC1H1, FAM134B, FIG4, GLA, IGHMBP2, KIF1A, LMNA, LRSAM1, MED25, NTRK1, PLEKHG5, SCN9A, SPTLC2, TRPV4, and TTR)
Turnaround Time Update
Please note that all single-gene deletion/duplication tests now have a reduced turnaround time, from 42 days to 28 days.
Test Requisitions - Things to Remember
Not completing a test requisition form entirely can sometimes lead to unnecessary delays in testing. Below are the most commonly missed items:
- ICD9 codes
- Policy holder name and date of birth
- If any authorizations are obtained for the patient, please include a copy of the authorizations with the requisition.
- Medicare patients must have a signed Advance Beneficiary Notice of Non-coverage (ABN) included with the requisition, except for BRCA sequencing and deletion/duplication analysis. Please note, EGL does not pre-verify benefits for patients with Medicare.
- Signature in the “Authorization to Assign Benefits” section
- Front and back copy of the patient’s insurance card
- Billing pages - regardless of the person or entity to be billed, please complete this information.
Prior Authorization Reminder
When it is determined that a prior authorization is needed for testing, the sample will be placed on a billing hold. EGL will notify the client as to what is required and help with any necessary paperwork.