|Test Name||Test Code||Test Type|
|Smith-Lemli-Opitz Screen: 7-dehydrocholesterol, Plasma||BSLOS|
Recent Test Updates
EGL recently updated the following tests:
- MM021 Autism Panel: Tier 2 – Added CHD8
- MM320 Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID) B+: Sequencing Panel – Added 5 genes (FOXN1, ORAI1, STIM1, STAT5B, and TBX1)
Turnaround Time Update
Please note that all single-gene deletion/duplication tests now have a reduced turnaround time, from 42 days to 28 days.
Test Requisitions - Things to Remember
Not completing a test requisition form entirely can sometimes lead to unnecessary delays in testing. Below are the most commonly missed items:
- ICD9 codes
- Policy holder name and date of birth
- If any authorizations are obtained for the patient, please include a copy of the authorizations with the requisition.
- Medicare patients must have a signed Advance Beneficiary Notice of Non-coverage (ABN) included with the requisition, except for following BRCA-related test codes: MM070, MM071, MM072, and MM208. Please note, EGL does not pre-verify benefits for patients with Medicare.
- Signature in the “Authorization to Assign Benefits” section
- Front and back copy of the patient’s insurance card
- Billing pages - regardless of the person or entity to be billed, please complete this information.
Prior Authorization Reminder
When it is determined that a prior authorization is needed for testing, the sample will be placed on a billing hold. EGL will notify the client as to what is required and help with any necessary paperwork.