Recent Test Updates
EGL recently updated the following tests:
- MM200 Hereditary Cancer Syndrome: Sequencing Panel - Removed PMS1 from gene list
- MM20 Breast and Ovarian Cancer: Sequencing and Deletion/Duplication Panel - RemovingPMS1 from gene list
- MM209 Gastrointestinal and Colorectal Cancer: Sequencing and Deletion/Duplication Panel - Removing PMS1 from gene list
- MM200 Hereditary Cancer Syndrome: Sequencing Panel - Removing PMS1 from gene list
- MM030 Eye Disorders: Eye Disorders: Comprehensive Sequencing and Deletion/Duplication Panel - Removed mitochondrial genome from test and added variants for Leber hereditary optic neuropathy and retinitis pigmentosa and ataxi
- MM091 Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Sequencing and Deletion/Duplication Panel - Add JPH2, MYH6, MYOZ2, MYPN, and TTN to the gene list
- MM092 Dilated Cardiomyopathy: Sequencing and Deletion/Duplication Panel - Add ABCC9, BAG3, CRYAB, DSG2, DSP, FKTN, GATAD1, LAMA4, LDB3, MYH6, MYPN, NEBL, TNNC1, andPDLIM3
- MCAR1 Comprehensive Cardiovascular: Sequencing and Deletion/Duplication Panel - Add PDLIM3to gene list
- MM280 Neurology: Sequencing Panel - Removed LARP7 from gene list
Turnaround Time Update
Please note that all single-gene deletion/duplication tests now have a reduced turnaround time, from 42 days to 28 days.
Test Requisitions - Things to Remember
Not completing a test requisition form entirely can sometimes lead to unnecessary delays in testing. Below are the most commonly missed items:
- ICD9 codes
- Policy holder name and date of birth
- If any authorizations are obtained for the patient, please include a copy of the authorizations with the requisition
- Medicare patients must have a signed Advance Beneficiary Notice of Non-coverage (ABN) included with the requisition, except for following BRCA-related test codes: MM070, MM071, MM072, and MM208. Please note, EGL does not pre-verify benefits for patients with Medicare.
- Signature in the “Authorization to Assign Benefits” section
- Front and back copy of the patient’s insurance card
- Billing pages - regardless of the person or entity to be billed, please complete this information.
Prior Authorization Reminder
When it is determined that a prior authorization is needed for testing, the sample will be placed on a billing hold. EGL will notify the client as to what is required and help with any necessary paperwork.