Recent Test Updates
EGL is pleased to announce that all single-gene and multi-gene deletion/duplication analysis tests (by array CGH) now have a list price of $1000 or less, and feature a new turnaround time of 2 weeks.
Other testing updates this month include:
The MYLK gene has been added to the following panels:
- MCAR1 Comprehensive Cardiovascular: Sequencing Panel
- DCAR1 Comprehensive Cardiovascular: Deletion/Duplication Panel
The EPCAM gene has been added to the panel:
MD200 Hereditary Cancer Syndrome: Deletion/Duplication Panel
There is an updated gene list for the MM160 Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Sequencing Panel.
Test Requisitions - Things to Remember
Not completing a test requisition form entirely can sometimes lead to unnecessary delays in testing. Below are the most commonly missed items:
- ICD9 codes
- Policy holder name and date of birth
- If any authorizations are obtained for the patient, please include a copy of the authorizations with the requisition
- Medicare patients must have a signed Advance Beneficiary Notice of Non-coverage (ABN) included with the requisition, except for following BRCA-related test codes: MM070, MM071, MM072, and MM208. Please note, EGL does not pre-verify benefits for patients with Medicare.
- Signature in the “Authorization to Assign Benefits” section
- Front and back copy of the patient’s insurance card
- Billing pages - regardless of the person or entity to be billed, please complete this information.
Prior Authorization Reminder
When it is determined that a prior authorization is needed for testing, the sample will be placed on a billing hold. EGL will notify the client as to what is required and help with any necessary paperwork.