New Test Launches and Updates
The following new tests are now available:
- PSOAR Ariosa: NIPT Test Code
- PSOIL Illumina: NIPT Test Code
- PSONT Natera: NIPT Test Code
The following test updates are now live:
- MD021 Autism Spectrum Disorders: Deletion/Duplication Panel - added CDH8 and changed the name of the test to "Autism Spectrum Disorders: Tier 2 Deletion/Duplication Panel"
- MM160 Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Sequencing Panel - changed name of the test to "Early Onset Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Sequencing Panel"
- MD160 Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Deletion/Duplication Panel - changed name of the test to "Early Onset Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Deletion/Duplication Panel"
Test Requisitions - Things to Remember
Not completing a test requisition form entirely can sometimes lead to unnecessary delays in testing. Below are the most commonly missed items:
- ICD9 codes
- Policy holder name and date of birth
- If any authorizations are obtained for the patient, please include a copy of the authorizations with the requisition.
- Medicare patients must have a signed Advance Beneficiary Notice of Non-coverage (ABN) included with the requisition, except for following BRCA-related test codes: MM070, MM071, MM072, and MM208. Please note, EGL does not pre-verify benefits for patients with Medicare.
- Signature in the “Authorization to Assign Benefits” section
- Front and back copy of the patient’s insurance card
- Billing pages - regardless of the person or entity to be billed, please complete this information.
Prior Authorization Reminder
When it is determined that a prior authorization is needed for testing, the sample will be placed on a billing hold. EGL will notify the client as to what is required and help with any necessary paperwork.