New Test Launches and UpdatesThe following new tests are now available:
- TP Maintain An Established Prenatal Culture (CV or AF)
- TB Maintain An Established Culture (Not Prenatal)
The below test updates are live:
- UA Amino Acid Profile, Quantitative, Urine – changed turnaround time to 7 days
- MM350 Hereditary Neuropathies: Sequencing Panel – CPT code updated
- MD350 Hereditary Neuropathies: Deletion/Duplication Panel – CPT code updated
- MD Myotonic Dystrophy: CTG Repeat Analysis – reference range updated
- TA Cell Culture Only - Amniotic Fluid or CVS – Name changed
- UB Fabry Disease: Alpha-Galactosidase Enzyme Activity, Dried Blood Spot – discontinued
- BC Maple Syrup Urine Disease: BCKD Enzyme Activity, Lymphoblasts – discontinued
- ZU Maple Syrup Urine Disease: BCKD Enzyme Activity, Fibroblasts – discontinued
- CM080 Targeted Tumor Mutation: Sequencing Panel – discontinued
- CM081 Targeted Colorectal Tumor Mutation: Sequencing Panel – discontinued
- CM082 Targeted Lung Tumor Mutation: Sequencing Panel –discontinued
- CM083 Targeted Melanoma Mutation: Sequencing Panel –discontinued
- CM084 Targeted Gastric Tumor Mutation: Sequencing Panel –discontinued
- CM085 Targeted Ovarian Tumor Mutation: Sequencing Panel – discontinued
Test Requisitions - Things to Remember
Not completing a test requisition form entirely can sometimes lead to unnecessary delays in testing. Below are the most commonly missed items:
- ICD10 codes
- Policy holder name and date of birth
- If any authorizations are obtained for the patient, please include a copy of the authorizations with the requisition.
- Medicare patients must have a signed Advance Beneficiary Notice of Non-coverage (ABN) included with the requisition, except for following BRCA-related test codes: MM070, MM071, MM072, and MM208. Please note, EGL does not pre-verify benefits for patients with Medicare.
- Signature in the “Authorization to Assign Benefits” section
- Front and back copy of the patient’s insurance card
- Billing pages - regardless of the person or entity to be billed, please complete this information.
Prior Authorization Reminder
When it is determined that a prior authorization is needed for testing, the sample will be placed on a billing hold. EGL will notify the client as to what is required and help with any necessary paperwork.