Short QT syndrome (SQTS) is characterized by an abnormally short QT interval and susceptibility to both ventricular tachyarrhythmias and atrial fibrillation.
- Dolmatova et al. (2013). Curr Cardiol Rep, 15:389.
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis of Long QT syndrome (LQTS) and Short QT syndrome (SQTS).
- Carrier testing in adults with a family history of Long QT syndrome (LQTS) and Short QT syndrome (SQTS).
Please note that a "backbone" of probes across the entire genome are included on the array for analytical and quality control purposes. Rarely, off-target copy number variants causative of disease may be identified that may or may not be related to the patient's phenotype. Only known pathogenic off-target copy number variants will be reported. Off-target copy number variants of unknown clinical significance will not be reported.
Submit only 1 of the following specimen types
Type: Whole Blood
Specimen Requirements:In EDTA (purple top) tube:
Infants (<2 years): 2-3 ml
Children (>2 years): 3-5 ml
Older Children & Adults: 5-10 ml
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Ship sample at room temperature with overnight delivery.
Type: Isolated DNA
Specimen Requirements:In microtainer: 10 ug
Isolation using the QiagenTM Puregene kit for DNA extraction is recommended.
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Refrigerate until time of shipment. Ship sample within 5 days of collection at room temperature with overnight delivery.
- Comprehensive Cardiovascular: Sequencing Panel
- Comprehensive Cardiovascular: Deletion/Duplication Panel
- Long and Short QT Syndrome: Sequencing Panel