- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. (2001, June). AACE/AAES medical/surgical guidelines for clinical practice: Management of thyroid carcinoma. Available at: http://www.aace.com/clin/guidelines/thyroid_carcinoma.pdf. Accessed on October 5, 2013.
- American Thyroid Association Guidelines Task Force, Kloos RT, Eng C, Evans DB, et al. Medullary thyroid cancer: management guidelines of the American Thyroid Association. 2009; 19(6):565-612.
- Moline J, Eng C. GeneReviews™. Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 2. Last updated January 10, 2013. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1257/#men2.REF.americansocietyofclinica.2003.1. Accessed on October 5, 2013.
- Romei C, Cosci B, Renzini G, et al. RET genetic screening of sporadic medullary thyroid cancer (MTC) allows the preclinical diagnosis of unsuspected gene carriers and the identification of a relevant percentage of hidden familial MTC (FMTC). Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2011; 74(2):241-247.
- Individuals with a clinical or suspected diagnosis of endocrine cancer.
Analytical Sensitivity: ~99%.
Submit only 1 of the following specimen types
Type: Whole Blood
Specimen Requirements:In EDTA (purple top) tube:
Infants (<2 years): 2-3 ml
Children (>2 years): 3-5 ml
Older Children & Adults: 5-10 ml.
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Ship sample at room temperature with overnight delivery.
Type: Isolated DNA
Specimen Requirements:In microtainer: 60 ug
Isolation using the QiagenTM Puregene kit for DNA extraction is recommended.
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Refrigerate until time of shipment in 100 ng/ul of TE buffer. Ship sample at room temperature with overnight delivery.
- Hereditary Cancer Syndrome: Sequencing Panel.
- Endocrine Cancer: Deletion/Duplication Panel.