Short QT syndrome (SQTS) is characterized by an abnormally short QT interval and susceptibility to both ventricular tachyarrhythmias and atrial fibrillation.
- Dolmatova et al. (2013). Curr Cardiol Rep, 15:389.
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis of Long QT syndrome (LQTS) and Short QT syndrome (SQTS).
- Carrier testing in adults with a family history of Long QT syndrome (LQTS) and Short QT syndrome (SQTS).
Analytical Sensitivity: ~99%.
Submit only 1 of the following specimen types
Type: Whole Blood
Specimen Requirements:In EDTA (purple top) tube:
Infants (<2 years): 2-3 ml
Children (>2 years): 3-5 ml
Older Children & Adults: 5-10 ml.
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Ship sample at room temperature with overnight delivery.
Type: Isolated DNA
Specimen Requirements:In microtainer: 60 ug
Isolation using the QiagenTM Puregene kit for DNA extraction is recommended.
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Refrigerate until time of shipment in 100 ng/ul of TE buffer. Ship sample at room temperature with overnight delivery.
- Comprehensive cardiomyopathy panel
- Long and Short QT Syndromes: Deletion/Duplication Panel