2460 Mountain Industrial Boulevard
Tucker, Georgia 30084
Samples are received between 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday, with delivery available on Saturdays from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM (FedEx and UPS deliveries only).
If you have questions about specimens that will arrive at NTD Genetics on weekends or holidays, please contact Client Services at (855) 831-7447.
Test Ordering and Specimen Preparation Guidelines
NTD Genetics understands that ordering a genetic test may appear complicated. The following instructions are provided to ease the process:
- Collect the correct specimen in the correct container. General sample submission guidelines can be found here.
- Label the specimen (legibly) with the following information:
- Patient name (first and last)
- Unique identifying number:
- For a clinician office, this may be the patient’s date of birth or medical record number.
- For a facility, this may be a medical record number, a specimen accession number, or the patient’s date of birth.
- Fill out the appropriate laboratory requisition form. Requisitions are available on this website. They are dynamically updated when clinical tests are added or removed. Clients have the option of manual, custom, or online requisitions. Incomplete test requisitions may result in delayed processing or testing. The following provides an overview of the information needed on each requisition:
- 1st page: includes patient, facility, clinician demographics, and specimen and clinical information. Please include ALL relevant clinical information, the referring diagnosis, corresponding ICD-10 codes, and the clinician’s NPI number.
- 2nd page: indicate the desired payment option. For more information concerning CPT codes, pricing, and other contracted insurance, please consult the Billing page of this website.
- Self-pay: all information is required with signature, if payment is made by credit card.
- Insurance: guarantor’s relationship to patient and date of birth is required. A copy of the front and back of the insurance card is required, if information is left blank on the billing page. Signature of the guarantor is requested.
- Institutional: complete the requisition per provided instructions. Record all information clearly as this is the address and contact information that is used for invoicing.
- 3rd and subsequent pages: clearly indicate the desired test(s) to be performed.
- Helpful hints for test ordering selection:
- Molecular testing: all molecular testing is performed in sequential order as determined by NTD Genetics best practices unless client/physician clearly specifies on the requisition form to run the tests concurrently. For specific questions about sequential testing and/or reflex testing, please contact Client Services at 404-778-8499.
- Prenatal molecular genetic testing: call to discuss prenatal molecular genetic testing with a laboratory genetic counselor PRIOR to sending prenatal samples. 5 ml maternal blood in and EDTA (purple top) tube MUST accompany a prenatal specimen.
- Package the specimen(s) according to approved transportation policies as determined by your facility. Include the requisition form and any additional information in the shipping container. Not completing the three following steps will likely result in delay of testing:
- Ensure the name and identifying number on the specimen match the same information on the requisition form.
- Clearly indicate the test being ordered
- Provide complete billing information
- Ship the sample per the instructions listed on the individual test page.
- Within the Atlanta Metro area: local specimens are picked up free-of-charge at clinical offices and laboratories by calling Client Services at 404-778-8499. Regularly scheduled pickups may also be arranged through Client Services.
- Outside the Atlanta Metro area: use your company’s preferred carrier-of-choice. Please note that the sender is responsible for all shipping expenses, unless using an NTD Genetics Specimen Shipping Kit (US-based clients only). To assist our clients in this process we have listed contact information for the major carriers below:
- Federal Express: 1-800-GO-FEDEX (1-800-463-3339)
- UPS: 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877)
- Receipt: specimens are received between 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM, Monday - Friday, with limited delivery available on Saturdays 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Holiday closures will be posted on this website's homepage.